These masks are perhaps, one of the most ancient of all beauty products, with evidence for their use stretching back to thousands of years. Here’s some similarly time-tested advice on their use.
1. Apply the masks after showering. Showering opens up your pores and allows the active ingredients on the mask to work just a bit better. This way you’re really getting the most for your money.
2. Give them time to work. While they may indeed be called wash-off masks, that doesn’t mean you should wash them off just a couple of minutes after use The time you should leave them on depends on the product, so be sure to read the instructions before using them.
3. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. These masks are not supposed to feel itchy, and neither are they supposed to burn in an unpleasant way. If your mask is in any way uncomfortable, wash it off immediately, taking care to avoid getting any of the product in your eyes.
4. Wash your face with lukewarm water afterward. The wash-off part is actually really important. You’ll want to use warm to lukewarm water to ensure the mask is more easily removed and no traces are left off your face.
5. Use a toner. A toner will help close up your pores, giving your face a brighter, smooth appearance and helping you hold onto the benefits you got from the mask just a bit longer.