For women seeking a flawless finish, tinted moisturizers aren’t the top option today, especially when there’s foundation, BB and CC creams available. But we still believe that this often-overlooked product has a space on your shelf. Here are a few reasons why:
1. It’s a great option for dry skin. A tinted moisturizer offers the same hydrating power as your ordinary moisturizer, but also offers a flawless finish like some kinds of foundation. Hence, if you find foundation caking up on your face because of dryness, then a tinted moisturizer is a better substitute.
2. It’s lighter. We’ve all got one of those days when we don’t want to put on a lot of makeup. Here’s where tinted moisturizer comes to the rescue. With a lighter, more sheer, and more translucent formula, it’s a great substitute for foundation. And it gives you a dewy finish, unlike the matte finish of foundation.
3. Less fuss, less mess. On top of its light feel, tinted moisturizer is definitely easier to apply. No need for makeup brushes or sponges—just use your fingers. You only need a small amount to even out your complexion. And it usually comes in handy tubes as well, so it’s easier to bring on the road.
4. Wider range of shades. The biggest drawback of BB and CC creams are that they’re usually one-shade-fits-all. Compare this with tinted moisturizers. They not only have a wider range of options for you to choose from; since the concentration of color is much, much lighter, your true skin tone will shine through.
5. Great for teens and those in their mid-twenties. Since young folks won’t need all that makeup and all those anti-aging properties yet, a tinted moisturizer is usually enough for daily use.
Of course, these are just a few reasons to try on a tinted moisturizer. Since products differ in formulation from brand to brand, results may still vary from person to person.