Getting your first pot of bronzer or wondering if you need one at all? Before you click the buy button, here are 7 things you need to know to help you make the right choice:
1. Choose the right shade. A great rule of thumb for selecting the right shade is to only go one or two shades darker than your normal skin color. And don’t forget to take into account your skin tone.
2. It’s not just for contouring! Swiping on the so-called number 3 is enough: a c shape from forehead to cheek, then from cheek to jaw line. Not as complicated as Kim Kardashian’s contour, but still a great effect.
3. Morena girls can also use it. You may not need to fake a tan, but adding a bit of definition to your face with a bronzer won’t hurt. Just go for a shade that highlights or enhances your current skin tone, so you may need to swatch bronzers first before purchasing.
4. Powder, cream, or gel? If you’re not fond of powder bronzer, you can always go for cream ones, which have a more sheer finish. Gel is also a great lightweight option for hot summer days. However, cream bronzers cannot work on top of powder foundation, while powder blush or loose face powder can’t work with gel bronzers.
5. Feel free to use both matte and shimmer bronzers. Apply the shimmer bronzer in the areas near your cheeks, matte everywhere else.
6. Don’t apply bronzer on parts that need blush. Blush highlights your features by drawing attention to the apples of your cheeks. Meanwhile, bronzer emphasizes the ridges of your face. Hence, these two kinds of makeup complement each other, not cover each other.
7. Use it as an eyeshadow. Yes, your powder bronzer is the best substitute for brown eyeshadow when you’re gunning for the no-makeup look.